If you are considered overweight and/or obese, the recommendations below may greatly help you. Whether you are pestered by extra weight or have been feeling uncomfortable with being out of shape, the following tips are going to help you make a difference in your life.
As the holidays are approaching, there is a lot of temptations to indulge in the very foods and drinks that cause overweight conditions and obesity, read before you unconsciously get to the point of no control.
If you are the addictive type that regularly or occasionally indulges in sweets, alcoholic beverages, sodas, high carbs, then read on!
The above food types have the unfortunate properties of causing rapid weight gain and in parts of the body where you don’t want it. Some of the main reasons for that is the toxicity of some foods that overweight and obese people are addicted to. These foods are not only toxic but they also cause hyperacidity that eventually causes organs deterioration and inflammation. When there is inflammation, there is pain. When the body is in pain, a person slows down and focuses on suffering. When one slows down and become sedentary, extra fat settles in.
Additionally, the type of fat that you accumulate on the body, especially in the mid-section, under the chin, and in your hips, thighs, and bottom is not what you consider making you look fit.
There are certain triggers that cause a need to eat addictive foods in excess with the resulting unwanted weight gain. Before you let the holiday temptations take over your life, you may want to consider a few things that will help control possible triggers.
- Know that will power alone may not help you say not to fattening foods. If will power only worked all the time, just about everyone would be living a perfect life. There are many unconscious factors that are in place in the psyche, that may block the desire to get certain things accomplished just with sheer will power. A very good way to help yourself control your cravings is by using herbal supplements containing ingredients like fenugreek, that can help you regulate your blood sugar and support your pancreas.
- Bring your focus to the way you wish to look 30 days to 365 days from now. That will generate for you enough of an incentive to think twice before you indulge. Remember that the ‘buy now pay later’ caveat can be a cause for torture in the future.
- Use an anchor to control your triggers. One anchor some people may like to use is just tapping once on their forehead, while visualizing their ultimate goal of avoiding the fattening food, smile, and say out loud: “I can do it!”
- De-program your mind from what caused the food addiction issue. This process usually involves clearing your psyche from damaging patterns. It can be done through hypnotherapy, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), and other processes.
- Re-program your mind for a healthier lifestyle. In due time, after your de-programming is considered complete, you can approach your reprogramming process to establish more positive and productive patterns that will work with your subconscious mind to create positive change. Mind reprogramming is best accomplished with the help of a qualified therapist, a practitioner of mind-body healing, Neurolinguistic Programming, Core Belief Process, and Emotional Freedom Therapy. It may also include Nutrition counseling for more lasting results.
Once reprogramming is accomplished, it is also important to seek professional emotional support. The methods used for emotional support from a trusted professional work best because they do not involve being judged, as it would be the case if you were to seek such support from a friend or family member. The methods include processes structured to help you improve your relationship with yourself, your relationship with food, your loved ones, and your environment.
The ultimate benefit of exploring and putting these practices into application is better health and happiness in ways that can make your holiday season a lot more enjoyable and stress-free!
For more information, check:
Sri Regine Lherisson-Bey is a Mind-Body Therapist, Wellness Coach, and Author of the weight management program GET SLIM EFFORTLESSLY that has evolved from CD to an instructional picture book. Sri is also the Author of the Amazon Kindle Best Seller HOW TO DETOXIFY YOUR LIFE NATURALLY .