For those who might be thinking: “Can cantaloupe really help reduce weight and belly fat? “, the answer is: “Yes! “.
What is Cantaloupe? The fruit known as cantaloupe is a type of muskmelon with sweet, orange pulp. It is low in calories, but high in nutrients such as Vitamin A (Beta Carotene), Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and potassium. The benefits of cantaloupe are numerous.
Benefits of Eating Cantaloupe
- Helps control weight.
- Boosts the immune system and lowers inflammation.
- Assists in burning excessive fat from elevated calorie intake.
- Detoxifies the body.
- The carotenoids found in cantaloupes have been shown to reduce inflammation and maintain a slim body. Scientific studies confirm that inflammation plays a role in many chronic conditions such as diabetes and coronary artery disease.
- Leads to more effective detoxification and hydration due to high water contents.
- Useful for maintaining a clean colon and effective detoxification because of high fiber.
Most people think of cantaloupe as a summer fruit, but it is actually available year-round. This delicious melon is pleasant to taste. One can eat it raw or cooked, which makes it a versatile addition to any healthy diet.
Cantaloupe for Weight Reduction
Cantaloupe’s high water content and low caloric status makes it an ideal food for weight reduction. A cup of cubed cantaloupe has just 51 calories and no fat or cholesterol. It also contains vitamin C, which helps reduce body fat storage by inhibiting the enzyme that converts sugar into fat.
Cantaloupe for Detoxification
Carotenoids in cantaloupe serve as antioxidants that help fight free radicals. It is very important to control free-radicals through detoxification. Living in a toxic and stressful world leads to the genesis of free radicals, known as unstable atoms responsible for cellular impairment and ill-health.
The multiple compounds found in cantaloupe help protect human cells from damage caused by oxidative stress and a huge load of toxins that often lead to chronic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and central obesity (that science has found to be associated with brain shrinkage, consequently lower intelligence).
Advantages of cantaloupe for fitness
- Contains more potassium than bananas and avocados.
- The potassium in cantaloupe helps suppress appetite by providing a sensation of feeling fuller faster.
- Low-calorie and nutrient dense food: an ideal food choice for weight loss if eaten in moderation.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties help decrease joint pain and swelling, making it great for active people who have sore muscles after exercising or playing sports.
For individuals looking to shed weight and reduce their gut size, eating just half a cup of raw cantaloupe offers more than 100 percent of an average human’s daily requirement of vitamin C, when done regularly. Cantaloupe helps boost metabolism and makes it easier to burn fat for energy, a process that assists in maintaining a slim body.
Sri Regine Lherisson-Bey
New York, NY _ June 2013
Sri Regine Lherisson-Bey, Ph.D. and doctorate degree candidate in Natural Medicine, is a Mind-Body Therapist, Wellness Coach, and published Author voted Wellness Expert by peer consensus in 2005. Therapist Lherisson-Bey is the author of the Kindle bestseller HOW TO DETOXIFY YOUR LIFE NATURALLY as well as the weight management program GET SLIM EFFORTLESSLY. From an original CD, the publication has evolved into an instructional picture book, an eBook, and an effective weight management program. Therapist Lherisson-Bey’s works have been featured on TV, radio, and in several magazines in the past 32 years.
If you have found this article helpful and would like to send a donation as a gesture of appreciation,
use the Donate button below:
Content Disclaimer: The information contained in this post may not be interpreted as medical advice. Read the full disclaimer here…
Photography and Videography materials attribution: